Friday, June 26, 2009

The 10 hour F-word

I wore my retainers just for two weeks and I realised that my teeth was crooked. He did a bad job in shaping my retainers. I was already prepared for the facilitator camp, a two week affair, but I was forced to skip it. Skip the long awaited camp just to take a 10 hour bus ride back and hear this from him.

" It is just an illusion. Your teeth arent crooked."

So if it isn't crooked Doctor, why the hell did you even try to reshape it?

Anyway, the 10 hour bus ride is even more interesting than this.

Didi and I went to look out for comfy buses. Well I would pay more for an 8 hour bus trip home without little tiny brown crawlies in the bus and a pain-free ass when I got home. When we came across a ticket booth selling Super VIP to Penang...big~ cushiony~ clean~ new~ all those images just popped up when they are SUPER VIP bus ticket. We bought it. =)

At 10.15am, so excited to board my first Super VIP bus, with McD in our hands, we board a bus. A normal one. How naive of us. *smiling sheepishly* But it was okay. The journey started at 10.30am, with fillet-o-fish in my tummy, music in hands, my soft sweater on the lap and didi was there to keep me company. I dont mind that much. =) At around 1pm the bus stopped at puduraya. Waited for half and hour in the bus, passengers were unboarding and new ones were boarding...Near to an hour in Puduraya, a supposedly bus agent came screaming in Malay saying that the last stop of this bus is at Perak.

WTH?

We got scrammed down from the bus at Puduraya.
We got scrammed into another bus heading to Butterworth and not Penang.
And we got into a bus which seats were hard and there goes my pain-free ass ride?

WTF.

Making a statement to complain this outrageous menace of Malaysian bus transportation, I called my dad. He has to pick us up at Butterworth. Half an hour into the highway, a loud buzzer sound was heard. The bus came to an abrupt halt. When a bus comes to halt in the middle of the highway, it spells nothing but trouble.

Our bus broke down. The day couldn't get worse isn't it? So we waited. Half an hour. It was 3.30pm. There were no air conditioning so we got down from the bus and waited like stranded puppies at the highway. I dreaded being in this senario whenever I see a broken bus by the roadside with sweaty, frustrated passengers strewn by the side of the walk way. It is, dreadful. And at that point, I was too frustrated with the whole thing and started camwhoring. Yup. At the NS highway. Well, there is always a silver lining in the dark dull clouds isn't it? LOL
I received a sms, a friend asking me what am I doing now
" Im at the NS highway. Bus rosak. Very HOT."
If I were him, I would be laughing and rolling with fits of laughter.
It was so pathetic! Gawd...

4pm and they were still fixing the bus. The bus conductor managed to stop a bus heading to Buttterworth and we were overjoyed! We grabbed our luggage and lunged for the bus! Just one more step to the entrance, the man said that there were no more seats available.

WHAT THE.....

At around 4.30pm the bus conductor stopped another bus and we took it. Eyeing at the sleeping passengers with envy, didi and I took the remaining seats at the back. Bumpy as it was, we snoozed throughout the whole journey back. Reached Butterworth at around 9pm, took a ferry across and back to the island.


The blue dot. We were there. Super VIP tickets. Like Phua Chu Kang would say, DONT PRAY PRAY....

1 comment:

  1. Wow~ so adventure...
    Calm down calm down hahaha... LOL!

    ReplyDelete