Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Monkey Hair Business

I have cut my hair. This time it is short. In my previous trips my hairstylist wouldn't want to cut it short. He says long hair suits me perfectly~
(It Does! LOL but I want short hair!)
And every time I try to argue, he will eventually toss my hair into those messy-but-stylish look and I’ll just let him have his way…
But this particular day, the boss aint there. I like him working on my hair, he is good in it no doubt. But he isn’t there...
SO, *evil grin* I picked another hairstylist and asked him to make it short. Mommy was there too. She loves my long hair.
Well most moms want their daughters to have long hair.
The moment I jabbered with the hairstylist that I want it short, she was on high alert. I know you guys would go… ‘oh common…it's just hair! Why such a reaction!"
Aha.
Let me tell you a story shall I? =)
Once upon a time, in a far far galaxy… lives me who has just finished her spm.
End of high school.
No more uniform days.
No more pin-up-your-hair days.
No more cut-your-nails days.
Yes to more crazy days!! =D
I do miss high school. *making a mental note to write it some day*
Back to our story. Yes yes…crazy days! The start of a new chapter in my life means a change of looks, first. The subsequent ones will be discussed some other time.

I hit the malls and went shopping. Those people are handing out fliers, leading you to their barber shops with exclusive promos? I jumped at the opportunity to get a haircut! I told them I wanted it short. I have a soft spot for short sporty hairstyle as you can see.

Then I came back home, with my new hairstyle.




The first thing that I noticed when my mom saw my new look is, her jaw dropped.
DROPPED as in practically dropped and not closing anytime soon and will only close after a thousand times of whys and how comes and aiyooooos!
Her daughter has come home with spiky hair. Short, gel spiked up hair with gel.


Those are the days of bandanas, wrist bands, baggy jeans with tight fitting singlets and spiking everyday in front of the mirror.
It was a shocking change to my mom especially, and my friends who has known me for years. But I liked it. I embraced every lil bit of my life carrying that particular cool head on my shoulders ;)

That is why mommy would insist on accompanying me whenever I go to the hairstylist. Well she did get a hair cut every trip but deep down, I know mommy is terrified to see another spiky head in her house! *grinning cheekily*

So mommy was asking, ‘How short u want to have it cut’ and I just throw the sweetest smile at her, telling the guy, ‘Make it nice and short’.

After an hour I got my desired style!

Short, aha... Fresh, yes... and sweeeeet.
Mommy is happy. =p

ps: the first spiked up hair picture is for illustration purposes. The real one is better =D

2 comments: