Thursday, June 25, 2009

The quest to find...

A hotel.
A decent one.
For the weather is freaking hot!
Slept till 2pm then had portugese egg tarts for lunch. A simple packing for the heat-getaway.
pyjamas, checked.
hp charger, checked.
toothbrush, checked.
laptop yes yes music! CHECKED.
The foursome; kame, cici, didi and me!
Drove to King's Hotel to check out room's availability. Fully booked.
Holiday Inn, seaview hotel...sounds good? =) Fully booked.
This time around...it wasnt even school holidays. But there were many singaporean cars parked outside the hotels near town. Singapore school holidays.

We decided to leave the hotel quest for a while and went for a decent round of screaming and ears-splinting Dreambox session. Well, it was freezing in the room. We had buffet dinner. I get to scream and sing whenever and whatever i want. Perfect . =)
Got scrammed off the room 30minutes after our booking time.
PS: I preferred it here. Redbox back in penang...I cant do that. They just automatically turn off the karaoke set when the time is up.

We set out for our hotel quest. Cici was so determined and excited about the hotel stay! Cute cici! Went around town looking for a heard-before-hotel but couldn't find any. There were alot of ancient looking hotels... We didnt want to have a umm... visit from aunties wearing samfus at night or a grandpa offering an invisible cigar at 2 in the morning. LOL

We were close to giving up and kame suggested the ones near our hostel. Near the highway. We passed the Malacca Zoo and had a good laugh when didi suggested we should stay over for the night with the monkeys and the turtles? We drove passed Hotel Seri Malaysia...naa looks not pleasing. Saw a sign board leading to Puteri Resort. It was midnight already. Upon reaching the Puteri, we need to drive through a very winding dark lane...with thick bushes on both sides and we couldn't see where the winding lane was leading us to.

Instinct probbed me to slow down and cici immediately said,
" Our hostel isnt that bad. I would prefer our hot and stuffy hotel with 's' than to go through this road. With that, I swung my hands hard on the steering wheel and make a pointy u-turn and drove back to our hoStel without a second glance at the rear mirror! XD

We retired for the night with ample amount of ghost stories in the car. Cici was terrified of these things so we tried to control our urge to continue those spooky tales. Well, the conditions that night were perfect for bed time ghost stories... LOL I'll tell you mine. =D

Was bathing in my hostel back in semester one.
Out of a sudden i heard a womanly voice calling out to my mandarin name.
I frozed.
No one, not even my chinese educated friends call me by that.
I knew my roommates were just outside and it was broad day light.
Frightened I was, but I brushed it off, thinking that my luck must be running low lately...
And I didn't plan to tell my room mates about it. It'll make them jump.
Last day of semester, I decided to tell them as we were leaving already.
I related my ghostly encounter and I was the one who almost got choked on my rootbear at A&W...

The ghost was didi.

2 comments:

  1. Owh!!!! so soreeehhh~ da womanly voice is mine~~ sexay right hun!! mwah
    LOL!!! and u remember it was in A&W when i realised XD haha! at least you did!!! hm.... cici sounds too much of a age difference though...
    didi~

    ReplyDelete
  2. cici is cute. no? =) lets see what cici thinks when shes here!

    ReplyDelete